CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Quiche


I know this sounds like something kids would never eat, but mine LOVE it!! Summer was cheering the last time I made it. If you buy the frozen crusts it is one of the easiest dinners EVER!! (You can buy two in the freezer section for about $2.00. Less if you buy the Walmart brand.) You, of course, can make your own crust. (If you'd like a good recipe for one, see my apple pie recipe.) I have to say, that the only thing I'll make a homemade crust for is real pie. Like blackberry or pumpkin. Anyway, here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
1- 9 inch deep-dish pie crust (unbaked)
5 eggs, beaten
1 cup half & half (you can use milk, but also add 2 TBSP. flour)
2 cups shredded cheese

Options:
frozen spinach, thawed and drained well (about 3 squeezed handfuls)
~OR~
cooked and crumbled bacon (I use the pre-cooked, crumbled bacon pieces from Costco)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine beaten eggs, milk, cheese and either spinach or bacon and mix well. Pour into pie crust and bake for 45-60 minutes or until center is mostly not jiggly. (I usually cover this with aluminum foil about half way through so the crust doesn't burn.) I also usually make 2 quiches. One with spinach and one with bacon. Can you guess which one gets eaten first? WRONG!!! The spinach one. I know, I have a hard time believing it too. And that's even with Fax eating with us!
I usually serve this with muffins since this meal is kind of all-inclusive.

0 comments: