CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Super Easy Biscuits

So this week I've been trying some different biscuit recipes. We had a neighborhood breakfast on Saturday, and we were supposed to bring biscuits. I was just planning on making Bisquick ones, but discovered (morning of) that I didn't have enough. So I made a recipe that I found online. It wasn't great and it was a pain to make, but it worked. Well, this morning I tried a different recipe, and it was very tasty. Biscuits aren't my favorite, but I actually liked these. Plus, they were the easiest. (As easy as Bisquick, but so much tastier.) So, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour, little extra for dusting
1-1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.

Mix dry ingredients together in bowl. Pour in cream and mix just until combined. Lightly flour work surface and knead dough just until it forms a ball. Roll out to 1-2 to 1 inch thick. Cut into biscuit rounds, or use a pizza cutter and cut into wedges. (I rolled mine into a kind of square, then used a pizza cutter to cut it into 9 squarish shapes. Easy.)

Bake for 15 minutes, turning pan halfway through baking time.

We had these with sausage gravy for breakfast, and they were well received. Summer just likes them with a little bit of butter. Honey and or jam would be good too. Fax suggested brushing them with melted butter prior to baking them, so they would brown-up a little more. I might try that next time.

0 comments: