CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

White Spaghetti


This is actually called Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, but my kids have always called it White Spaghetti. I found it in a Campbell's Soup recipe booklet that I got for free at Costco many years ago. It's pretty easy to make, and you can use a variety of different kinds of chicken. Tonight I made it with chicken breasts that I cut up and fried in some olive oil. But I've also made it with left-over rotisserie chicken or canned chicken, that I reheated in the pan. I use the freshly grated parmesan cheese instead of the Kraft, powdery kind because I like the flavor better. But you can use either. Although I'd use a bit less of the powder kind. Just a note also, I always double this recipe. I don't usually double the amount of chicken, but for sure the sauce and noodles. I do this because we also like left overs.

Ingredients:

1 lb. of chicken, cubed
2 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper
8 oz fettucine, linguini, or spaghetti
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets

Directions:

Cook noodles according to package directions. Add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain. While noodles are cooking, heat oil in skillet. (At this point I like to add some salt and pepper to the oil and even some Italian Seasoning or Chicken Seasoning. But that's totally optional.) Add chicken and cook until browned. (If using pre-cooked chicken, just heat it up a bit.) Add soup and milk to chicken and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cheese and stir over medium-low heat. When noodles are done and drained, add them to the sauce and stir to combine. Serve immediately. If you have left-overs, it's a good idea to add a little milk before reheating.
This is one of my kid's favorites, and Fax likes it too. Let me know what you think!

0 comments: